Violet Cecile Pine
1. Violet Cecile Pine was born 4 April 1890 at Brower, Multnomah county, OR, daughter of William Townsend Pine and Louville Campbell. Violet married Oscar Zimmerman 8 August 1906 in St. Helens, Columbia County, OR, at the home of her maternal grandparents Jacob Andrew Jackson Campbell and Rachel Amelia Root. Violet died May 21, 1973 and is buried in the Woodbine Cemetery located near Rainier, Columbia county, OR
2. William Townsend Pine, born 1861 in Wisconsin; son of James H. Pine and Mary A. Johnson married at the age of 21 Louville Campbell 22 December 1882 in Apple Creek, Holt County, NE. They were married at the residence of James H. Pine. William died 10 August 1891 in Medford, OR… said to be a suicide.
3. Louville Campbell b. 15 April 1863 Oronoco, Olmsted county, MN; daughter of Jacob Andrew Jackson Campbell and Rachel Amelia Root married at the age of 20 William Townsend Pine on 25 December 1882 at Holt Co., NE, at the home of James H. Pine. After the death of William she married a cousin William Davis, William came up missing and she married Gys Bertus “George” Walther in St. Helens, OR, 6 August 1901. Louville died of diabetes 4 Feb 1914 at Megler, Pacific county, WA… she is buried at Ocean Park Cemetery – Megler, Pacific county, WA
Notes: From the Certificate of Marriage for William T. Pine of Holt county, Nebraska and Louville Campbell of Knox county, Nebraska; at the residence of J. H. Pine; dated 25 December 1882; witnessed by Noah Foard and J. Binkerd; John Binkerd (Minister of the Gospel)
From the Marriage License: State of Nebraska, Holt county; William T. Pine and Miss Louville Campbell; W.T. Pine age 21, white, b. Wisconsin; residence Applecreek; father = James H. Pine; mother = Mary A. Johnston;; Louville Campbell, age 20; white b. Minnesota; residence Haynesville; father = J.A.J. Campbell, mother = Rachel A. Root. applied for at O’Neill; G. M. Cleveland, county judge. — on the return certificate of marriage it was certified that on the 25 of December 1882, witnessed by Wm. Stewart, James Binkert and D. Binkerd… by John Binkert, Minister of Gospel.
Children of William Townsend Pine and Louville Campbell:
i. Edward Z. Pine, b. 31 December 1887; d. 7 Jan 1974 b. Vancouver, Clark county, WA
ii. Violet Cecile Pine b. 4 April 1890
Notes: Family tradition that Ed changed his middle name to Albert because of teasing about “EZ Pine” – he married Mary Virginia Howard at/near Ostrander, Cowlitz county, WA
Mary Virginia Howard, b. … Meadowbrook, Clackamas county, OR
Children of Edward Albert Pine and Mary Virginia Howard:
i. Cecil Howard Pine, b. … m. Alice A. Christenson; d. 1986
ii. Bernice Pine
iii. Paul Edward Pine
iv. June Pine
v. Lee Francis Pine, b. 26 Jan 1922; d. 4 Sep 1996
vi. Richard Ivan Pine
vii. Mary Elizabeth Pine, m. Harvey
viii. Robert Theodore Pine
ix. Mariam Albert Pine
Notes: Obit for Alice A. Pine dated 26 Feb 1989: buried Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Vancouver, Clark county, WA; age 75; born Yankton, SD; 225 Nov 1913; maiden name Christenson; surviving brother, Willard J. Christenson of Ridgefield, Wa; brother Arthur C. Christenson of Oroville, WA; sister Christine M. Peterson of Portland, OR; her husband, Cecil Pine died in 1986.
Notes: Obit for Francis L. Pine: a graveside service will be at 2:30 pm Saturday, Sept 7, 1996 in Evergreen Memorial Gardens Cemetery for Francis L. Pine, a Vancouver resident who died Sept 4  at age 74.
Mr. Pine was born Jan 26, 1922 in Columbia City, Columbia county, OR. He was a welder retiring in 1984. He was married three time before marrying Margaret Wagoner in 1971.
Survivors include his wife; sons Lee of Vancouver, Richard of San Franicisco, Lester Swindell of McAlester, OK, and Marion Swindell of Battleground, WA; daughters Virginia Martin and Margie Burns, both of Weatherford, TX, Virginia Reynolds and Sabrina Smith, both of Capitan, NM, Cheryl Mark of Ruidoso, NM, Ilene Montiville of New Llano, LA and Collene Cain of Camas, WA; brothers, Richard of Brush Prairie, WA and Robert of Vancouver; and sister Marie Harvey of Vancouver; 27 grandchildren and 19 ggrandchildren.
William Davis, son of Elizabeth Root and William Davis, born in Ruby City, Nevada 1862… died [?]
Note: William was the first cousin of Louville Campbell Pine…
4. James H. Pine, b. in NY 1825; died NE.
5. Mary A. Johnson, b. 20 Feb 1829 NY; d. 20 Jan 1885. Holt county, NE; buried at the Star cemetery near Apple Creek, Holt county, NE
Notes: ” Died, Mrs. J. H. PINE, northwest of Star, on the 20th of Jan 1885. She leaves a husband and three grown children. Her remains are interred at the Star Cemetery.
Notes: From a Marriage License, State of Nebraska, Holt county; issued in O’Neill on the 15 Dec 1892 for James H. Pine age 67; color = N; born York State, residence of Dorsey;; and Anne E. Grant age 39; color = N; residence Knox county… Certificate of marriage not returned. (the N for color indicates non-white… probably Indian.)
Children of James H. Pine and Mary A. Johnson:
i. James T. Pine, age 22 1848
ii. Edgar A. Pine, age 21 1849
iii. Abram H. Pine, age 18 1852
iv. Frederick Baldon Pine * 1855 d. abt 30 May 1918
v. Mary A. Pine, age 10 1860 born WI
vi. William Townsend Pine, born WI, 1862
vii. Clarrie E. Pine, 1864 born WI, m. William T. Springmeyer 1 June 1882 NE.
Notes: William T. Springmeyer was the son of Frederick Springmeyer and Regna Sutz.
In the obituary of Mrs. J. H. Pine, only F. B. Pine, W.T. Pine, and Clarrie Springmeyer were listed as survivors.
Nona Hitchcock Dodd Pine died 24 Sep 1931 age 75
Notes: Obituary dated 30 May 1918: Frederick Baldon Pine died in Savannah, MO, he had gone there seeking treatment for cancer, the funeral was held in O’Neill, NE.
He was born in Ny, Aug 1855. During 1858 he and his parents moved to New London, Outagamie county, WI. They lived there until 1874 then moved to Parsons, KA.
In 1877 they moved to NE, finally settled during 1880 near Dorsey, Holt county, NE. During 1884 the family went to CA and 22 Nov 1888 Fredrick married Nona Welthy Dodd at Napa, CA. They had four daughters and one son. During 1893 they returned to Holt county and lived on a farm near Dorsey until 1910, they moved to O’Neill.
Children of Frederick Baldon Pine and Nona Welthy Dodd:
Winifred Mrs. J. B. Binkerd… Lynch, NE
Ella Elizabeth Mrs. J. I. Fleming Harrison, NE; d. 1922
Alice Eudora Mrs. Bressler
Esther Lillian Mrs. Lindberg; d. 1970
Clarence Pine, in the service; d. 1970
John Benton Binkerd, b. 1885 married Winifred May Pine… had six children.
1850 Census for NY; the village of Williamsburgh, Kings county, NY, enumerated 5 Sep 1850, page 301 line 1571:
James H. Pine 25 Feed store NY
Mary A 21 NY
Jas T. 2 NY
Edgar A. 5/12 NY
Smith 30 NY
Catherine M. 28
William H. 11
George L. 3
John A. 1
Mary Reade 34 PA
Susan Johnson 13 NY
1860 Census Liberty, Outagamie county, WI Post Office New London; page 211, line 1581:
Jas H. Pine 35 farmer NY
Mary A. 30 NY
James T. 13 NY
Elgar A. 11 NY
Abram H. 9 NY
Frederick B. 5 NY
Mary A. 1 WI
1870 Census Outagamie county, WI…
James H. Pine
James T. 22 NY
Elger A. 21 NY
Abram 18 NY
Frederick B NY
Mary A. 10 WI
William 8 WI
Clara E. 6 WI